Friday, December 3, 2010

Blowout!

This past Tuesday I took a trip out toward San Jose and Robore again. It was a great, even though short, trip especially since this time I had no significant incidents with my car. Now you are probably wondering how I can say such a thing especially with a blog post titled "Blowout" and the above photo. Yes the front right tire exploded at 90-100 km/hr, but I do not consider this "significant" since no head gaskets were blown, there were no overheating issues, the cam shaft did not snap in half, and no jumps, tows, or serious maintenance was needed. All we had to do was change the tire and hit the road again! It was also a great trip since the road was much better this time and took 3 hours less than the last time I went out.
The purpose of the trip was to visit various Ayore communities and set up a time for a retreat, similar to the one we did in Poza Verde, only this time for communities in a different part of Bolivia. This is all part of the push toward a more unified Ayore church. It has been very exciting to see the process of the church coming together this past year.





No comments: