Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Life as a Country Music Song


I've decided that I may have missed my calling as a country music writer. Here is my recently inspired country song:
"My wife stuck in bed all day,
'cause doc says baby needs to rest.
My dog got diced to pieces
By some wild animal.
Left my heart out in the campo
While I'm stuck in Santa Cruz.
And I ain't go'n nowhere
'cause my truck broke down again."


Maybe I'll stick to being a missionary, I would not be able to stomach the music needed to make this a country song anyhow. But yes, this is what life has been like lately.  Jenna is still on bedrest but thankfully we think this is the last week!  If the baby does not come on his own in the next few days, we are planning to induce on Saturday.  She will be at 37 weeks at that point which is considered "full term".  At this point the risk of infection is greater than the benifit he would gain from staying in.  We are looking forward to finally meeting him after all the gray hairs he has given us already.

Simon did get diced up pretty bad the other day.  Last Friday we recieved a call from our landlords that they had not seen Simon in 2 days, very unusual for Simon.  I went out to our house the next day and spent some time walking around calling for him.  That dog will do anything to be with me.  After a little while I looked out in the backyard to see a muddy and starved dog dragging himself out of the pasture out back.  I aproached cautiously and when I got close he colapsed exausted but happy to see me.  He had a broken back leg as well as claw and teeth gashes all over his body.  After a couple days of a good diet and some vet care he has perked up a lot and is starting to look more like the Simon we know.  Now I have two bedrest patients to take care of here in our little room in the city!
Yes the car broke down again! I took it into one shop to get the power steering fixed (for the 4th time).  Next I need to take it into a glass repair shop to have the sideview mirror replaced that had been smashed.  Then I need to go to an electrical repair shop to have the alarm fixed or turned off to keep it from constantly going off.  Then eventually it might be nice to take it to an AC repair place so we can have AC again, but that one is kind of low on my priorities right now.  No one stop repair place here, you have to find a specialty shop for everything around here.  I'm not a big fan of malls and Walmart but sometimes there is something to be said for convienience!

Life has been a bit crazy lately and it seems keeping up with life has been taking up all my time, but soon we will get to go home with our little guy in our arms and I'm sure it will all be worth it. 

1 comment:

Abbie G said...

Wow, J! Lots going on! Glad your puppy is still alive, even if he is a little the worse for wear. Good luck getting that baby to come join the world! :>)