Monday, March 22, 2010

Baby Blues


Jenna next to a "pregnant" Toborochi Tree

After several false alarms we a back to waiting for baby to come. Jenna is getting tired of her bed rest but we are grateful that we are almost to 36 weeks, a much safer point in the pregnancy to have the baby than 32 weeks when we first thought he was coming. Even though it is still a little early, it is looking likely that we will induce this coming weekend since amniotic fluids are rather low and the baby has developed to a healthy point. It is wild to think that we will at any moment have a kid! We are looking forward to meeting him, and to getting back home! Until then, Jenna is devouring books and movies.

While stuck here in the city, I've been taking care of Jenna and running various errands like getting our car fixed, again, and again, and again. This car is making me miss my first car that I got at an auction and hardly ever caused me problems. Then again, I never drove it on Bolivian roads! This week I'll probably be subbing for a teacher at the mission school who is out sick. I am also hoping to finally get the garden put in at the children's center in the Barrio Bolivar community. This has been one of those projects that keeps getting pushed off and might yet again get pushed off if baby decides to shake things up again!

1 comment:

Michelle Smallin said...

Can't wait to meet the little one! Hang in there you two!
Love you!