Thursday, November 22, 2012

2012 Nactus Award Nominee!


So call me a creature geek but I'm excited!  I have been trying to get in to the Nactus Awards for a while now and this year I had one of my photos nominated.  The competition will be tough but I am just excited to have made it in.  The following photos was nominated in Category 8: Scientific Record:
This is a photo of a Hatchet Faced Tree Frog (Sphaenorhynchus lacteus) I found while on a river trip in Bolivia.  I heard a frog call I never heard before and tracked it to this guy after wading through mud up to my waist.  Turns out braving the mosquitoes and mud was worth it.

If you would like to vote for the nominated photos before Nov. 26, go to http://www.exo-terra.com/en/photography/nactus_award.php  You will have to vote for one from each of the 8 categories.


No comments: