Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our New Friend

Yesterday we met a new friend. Jason met her first around the library building here at ECHO. Later that evening he introduced me and I couldn't believe how much I actually liked her! Shocking I know, but I found myself softening to this orange striped kitty who was unbelievably friendly. She was very thin when we found her and she had a tick on her neck that Jason pulled off. We brought her some food to nibble on since we could feel her ribs and she just chowed down. She couldn't decide whether she wanted to eat or to be friendly with us- always rubbing against our feet. We guided her to our house where we could keep an eye on her and keep her a little more fed. She is obviously an old house cat- she jumps at any noises from outside things, and she keeps trying to get into our house. We set up a little bowl of water and food for her in our laundry shed. She is one of the most friendly cats I have ever seen- in fact, she kind of reminds me of a puppy. Perhaps this is why I like her so much- she's like a dog. :-) We named her Agatha. If you want to adopt her- please let us know, since we can't keep her ourselves. Caution: when you walk, she is always under foot. :-)
Jason and Agatha - She sat with Jason cuddling for more than an hour today!


Agatha being photo shy!


Pure contentment.